Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa Pictures

We made our annual trip to the downtown Nordstroms for our visit with Santa this last week.  Every year we talk about going somewhere closer to home but I don't think either one of us can break tradition.  So as long as the kids are getting pictures done with the jolly 'ol man we will be making the trek.

Since this is a popular location we have some rules that we follow.  First off we only go on weekdays and secondly we try and get there as close to opening as we can.  We were successful on both of these.  I was very curious to how Knox was going to do with Santa.  He wasn't interested in him last year at all and the first Santa we saw this year the only way I got him to go was because I went as well.  I have to say he was very excited.  Was that because his sister was?  Or because I kept talking about he would get a candy cane afterwards?  Im not sure but whatever it was it worked!

When we got there we had about a ten minute wait which was nothing.  They were all excited and Alyssa brought the Target toy catalog with her so she could show Santa exactly what it was that she wanted..  This is no joke.  She had been talking about it for weeks, since it came in the mail pretty much around Halloween.  Anyways after they took the pictures and Cory and I were deciding which one we wanted I heard the kids talking with Santa and it was so cute.

Santa was saying "So Alyssa you want a computer huh?"  Alyssa, "Yes, and this.." as she opened up the catalog and proceeded to point to all the toys on the pages that she wanted.  Im not sure what Santa thought but he humored her.  When he asked Knox of course he said "Race car!"

Like I said in a previous post when I get all our Santa pictures back I will put them together.  I will have four when all is said and done!  Alyssa has kind of questioned it but doesn't push it. Thank goodness!

Afterwards we headed back over to Pacific Place where we parked and got some coffee and pictures by the nut crackers.  When we were all finished we headed on up to Magnolia to visit Grammy.  The kids were so excited to see her.  We hung out and visited and the kids were jabbering and running amuk when Grammy offered to watch the kids and let us go out for a bite.  It's hard to pass an offer up like that!  I think Cory and I were out the door before she even finished the sentence. 

We told the kids goodbye and they probably could have cared less.  There are very few people they will truly do this with.  They are good whenever we leave them but Grammy is one of those that they barely look up when we say goodbye!

Cory and I decided to stay close since Grammy's house keeper was coming by soon.  We ended up going to this dive bar in Magnolia, the Boxcar.  Cory had been there before for drinks but I don't think he had got any food before.  I wasn't sure exactly what to expect but to my surprise it was actually a pretty cool place and the food was amazing!

After being gone for two hours we headed back to the apartment.  The kids were hiding from us when we came in.    We visited for a little while longer before leaving late afternoon.  Both kids were exhausted!  Im not sure what Grammy is doing to them but whatever it is I need to drop them off more! 

I got some really cute pictures of the kids at Grammy's on my camera that I haven't put on the computer yet that I will have to post another time.





0 Comments: