Sunday, December 9, 2012

Potty Training

The last four months Knox has been showing interest in potty training in one form or another.  I haven't pushed it too much because honestly I'm busy and didn't want to deal with it really.  I wasn't buying diapers any more and had switched to pull ups to kind of get him used to that, the pulling up and down of his pants.  I probably didn't have to but I did.  We had read books and of course he watches all of us go.  He loves to flush the toilet and my one rule has been the person who puts pee or poop in the toilet gets to flush.  This kind of upsets him but on the same hand has encouraged him as well.  He also is interested in doing everything his big sister does and I tell him until he is potty trained he can not. 

Well there have been days when he would go here and there in the potty.  When we were down in Longview I got him to go several times along with pooping.  He was having fun.  I decided when we got back we were in it full force.  I got rid of our diaper pail and he is wearing underwear full time now.  At night tho I will still put him in a pull up, I'm not ready to deal with that part just yet.  He has woke up several times dry but one thing at a time for me!

Several friends have told me that with boys it takes longer and that I should wait, especially considering his age.  I get that but also think it depends on the child as well.  Mine showed interested and so why wouldn't I go for it!

As I write this we are in it full force and he is doing great!  I'm so proud of him and he is so excited as well.  His big sister has also been helping and it's so stinking cute to watch them.  They will go to the bathroom together.  I have a potty chair he will use or he will sit on the toilet or stand.   It just depends on his mood.  It's kind of funny.

I will say that after doing diapers for the last four and a half years I am done!  I have several cute pictures of him but wont post just because of the nature.  Im sure will have no problem though using for blackmail later on in life, haha!

1 Comment:

LadyConcierge said...

I think it's classy NOT to post the pictures. Most of us would think they are so cute, but also a private matter. Good for you and Knox. Your family is awesome. Good job to you and Cory!