Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bellingham

The kids and I were getting together with a friend of mine and her kids and we decided to drive up to Bellingham for their Christmas festival that was going on.  It was Friday and a yucky day out until we headed North where the blue sky was out and what was a beautiful day.

We arrived at the festival and went in and looked at all the Gingerbread houses and started listening to some of the school choirs performing.  After a few minutes we had wondered away and asked someone when all the kids activities were going to begin.  They informed us that their website was wrong and the children's activities would be tomorrow.  Sigh...oh well we weren't going to let it ruin our day.

The kids ran around on the dock and it was truly a beautiful cold fall day.  These are my favorite.  We decided to head to Red Robins for lunch and then went over to McDonald's for a ice cream cone and to let the kids play in the play land.  I hate those places just because I think of all the germs.  Really are they any worse than some other places?!  Anyways when we were at lunch there was a quick snow shower but it didn't last too long and the snow came back out.

We had the play area to ourselves and the kids had a blast!  A three hour blast at that!  Kelly and I were able to enjoy some great conversation while the kids were playing.  We finally decided to head back to Arlington because we were going with our friends to a Christmas party that night at the hospital where she works.  The kids were pretty excited and Alyssa especially because she wanted to tell Santa something else she wanted.

It was a simple party with goodies, dinner if you wanted, fire trucks all decorated for Christmas, and of course Santa himself.  The kids sat on his lap, again.  I wasn't expecting much from the photo but later that week when Kelly brought it to me I was surprised in what I got.  First off I thought it was a pretty cute picture and then I got a 8x10, three 5x7's, and 4 wallets all for FREE.  That made me seriously reconsider where we go but I just can't seem to break tradition!

Anyways around seven we headed back home after the long day and the kids were wiped, as I was too!

0 Comments: