Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Breakfast In Longview

We headed down to Longview on the first weekend of December for a Santa breakfast we were invited to go to with Grandma Gail.  We left on Cory's birthday so we didn't do a huge celebration but I felt him and I celebrated the weekend before and when we came back the kids made him birthday cupcakes so not all was lost.  He was also able to spend the day with friends and enjoy a nice quiet house!

Friday were hung out at my parent's house all day and just relaxed and the kids played.  I say relaxed because I was actually able to get a little nap in!  First of all I don't nap so that was nice and secondly the kids were completely entertained!  It's times like this I miss having any family by us.  The days was a nice and lazy!

Saturday was the breakfast with Santa.  The kids were pretty excited to go.  We went and picked up Grandma Gail and headed on down to the event.  When we arrived we saw my sister in law and her three kids.
The kids seemed to enjoy their fresh fruit, sausage, and french toast sticks for breakfast.  I didn't have any of it but according to Grandma Gail it could have been a little better.  After breakfast all the kids got their picture taken with Santa, pic one of four for mine.  The picture turned out cute and when I get all the Santa pictures I will post them.  Once the picture was done it was onto the crafts.  Necklaces, reindeer magnets, and frosted cookies were all made and enjoyed!

When time rolled around the two man band started with various songs and Alyssa and Knox loved it.  They were both right up there participating and having a great time.  This lasted for at least thirty minutes and when all was said and done they got their trees and present which was cookie cutters and rolling pin.  Alyssa has informed me she would like to do that again.  I think it was a hit!

Afterwards we went back to Grandma Gails and the kids got to hang out with their cousins for a little bit before they left.  Then we were headed to Target for a little shopping.  Alyssa has been bugging me for these shoes she has so desperately wanted for what seems like forever!  It's probably been two months or so.  Anyways Grandma Gail told her she would get her these shoes, they are black Mary Jane style with flowers on front a rhinestone buckle and small heel.  Alyssa informed me that she loves the shoes because they make noise when she walks. 

After dinner we headed back to my parents house where the kids had fun hanging out and playing more.  When we were getting ready for bed Knox and Alyssa were so stinking cute with their Auntie Robin.  Knox told Auntie that he missed her gave her hugs and kisses and told her he wanted her to sleep next to him and shared his pillow.  It was so cute!  Then Alyssa and Knox were giving each other kisses good night.

These two can simply be the sweetest!  We headed back somewhat early the next day and were home by noon.  It was a fun quick weekend and a nice start to Christmas festivities.









0 Comments: