Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Program

Alyssa had her Christmas program at school on the last day before Christmas break began.  She was so excited about it and I had heard her practicing the songs leading up to it.  Every time I asked her about it she said it was a surprise.  She did tell me she was the inn keeper though for their play.  I had no idea about that so was very surprised and curious.  When I asked her about it she told me that she had lines and recited them.  I could barely wait to see this!

The "play" which was them recreating the nativity scene lasted about five minutes.  Some of the kids were in costume and Alyssa just had to wear a vest.  It was stinking cute!  All the kids did very well and from what I saw there were no issues at all.After that was all done they sang about four songs.  I can't remember all of them now but again it was very cute.  I have some video of it but won't post it since their are children that I don't know in it.

After the performance they had a cookie / juice social.  It was fun to watch all the kids play together.  When I say that I mean Knox running around with all the boys!  Alyssa really seemed to enjoy it and was good at participating.  I asked her if she was nervous and she told me she likes being on stage.  I wouldn't have expected anything else from her.

I got a sweet picture of her teacher and her together.  Alyssa "loves" her so much.  I look forward to going to many more of these performances throughout the years!  Don't mind the mark on Alyssa's face it's from her sucking her thumb and drooling.  She tells me she will stop when she is five....hmm...that's two months so we shall see! 

0 Comments: