Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Part One

The Thursday before Christmas my parents came up and spent the day with us and celebrated.  The kids were so stinking excited!

Alyssa got the doll house that she has been dying for.  Every time we went somewhere she would see one and wine about wanting one.  So when she opened this the excitement was pretty cute.  I should have video taped it but didn't. 
Knox got a drum set that he to was excited about.  This summer when he first sat down at a set and started playing I knew he had to get some.  After I decided this I thought what was I thinking but at this time have no regrets about it at all!

After a nice visit and dinner my parents left and went to the hotel for the night.  Alyssa and I headed to her last day of swim for the current session while Cory was busy putting together her new doll house. 

She did really good at swim and is swimming on her own.  Her teacher gave her many praises and just said she needs to work on her confidence.  Alyssa loved it because they got to go in the deep end of the pool and jump in and practice swimming to the shallow area.  She did great!   

When all was said and done she got her certificate and was excited to get home to see the progress of the doll house!  It was pretty close to being done and with a little help from me afterwards it was done in no time.  She was so excited and both kids played with it for awhile that evening.

My parents came back over the next morning for a quick visit before returning home.  I was able to get the drum set put together and that has also been a lot of fun for both.  Knox is a natural : )

0 Comments: