Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pajama Party And Halloween

At school Alyssa had a pajama party on Halloween.  She was so excited about this and had been asking almost everyday when it was going to be time to where her pajamas to school.

The kids had a blast that day.  They made pumpkin pancakes at school and had whipped cream on top.  According to Alyssa she ate five pancakes but who knows.  They played games and got candy.  I'm not sure what else went on that day but do know that when she got home she laid down for almost two hours!  It must have been fun!

That night my friend and I were going back and forth as to what we were going to be doing.  Our final decision was just to hang out in my neighborhood and trick or treat.  Cory ended up being able to come home early from work so he got to see the kids and hand out candy.

My kids were to so excited to trick or treat this year.  Alyssa kept asking, "What time Mom do we get to go!?"  It didn't really matter what answer I gave her she would ask again.  I have fun with this at her expense because her obsession with time can be draining.

When our friends got here we headed out shortly after.  We hit up our whole neighborhood which took about two hours.  The kids were loaded with candy that we still have.  I wasn't sure how Alyssa would do because of how shy she can be but was I surprised.  She was out there running around, first to the door, saying trick or treat...thank you and then she was gone!  Who was this child!  Knox was the same way and had a blast but was a lot more interested in checking out all the cars in the driveway.

The four kiddos had a blast and when we got back to my house we finished handing out candy so Cory could head to bed.    Around nine we finally called it a night and started to settle in.  I have to say Halloween as a success!  We always have a lot of activities to do regarding this and I couldn't be happier.  Alyssa has already been thinking about what she wants to be next year on the list so far...Robin from Batman and Robin, since she didn't wear her costume this year, a ghost, and a female Willy Wonka with sparkly shoes.  This made me laugh and would be fun!  Her count down has begun.

0 Comments: