Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Campfire

I signed up Alyssa for Campfire for a couple of different reasons.  I thought it would be a great experience for her all around and plus my good friend was going to be the leader and she is AMAZING!  I was looking into doing Girl Scouts but normally these type of groups don't start until you are at least in Kindergarten.  Campfire had a preschool group with enough interest so one was formed.  Yay for me!

This is a whole new thing for me I was never involved in something like this growing up.  I wanted to but I remember my mom asking me if I would wear the outfit to school and I said no.  That was the end of that.  I'm not sure if kids still do that but during "my time" they did.

It's only been a month and Alyssa is loving it.  She goes once a week for about two hours.  My friend and I worked out a deal to where I watch her son who is Knox age and she takes Alyssa.  It works out perfectly!  If I have said any of this before my apologies.

During the time they have a craft project, a lesson of some sort, snack and sing songs.  A few weeks ago they had their Jammin Jamboree.  I have to say I really liked how they did this.  Alyssa or I decided how many laps she would be completing and if she completed these laps she got her "prizes".  She also had to send out twenty donation requests.  It didn't matter if she got donations but just had to send them out to get the "prizes". 

Both girls did amazing on their walks and completed their laps.  Alyssa became even more excited when she knew she was getting a patch for it as well.  She would see several older girls with lots of patches and she wanted to know how she could get them.  Talk about motivation for her! 


I was really proud of her.  It wasn't a huge deal but I was proud of her and how excited she was and that she accomplished it.  She will get another patch for swim and I'm excited to see what else she will accomplish through Campfire this year!

0 Comments: