Monday, November 19, 2012

A Halloween Party With A Mix Of Christmas

The kids had a Halloween Party to go to on Friday which they or Alyssa was so excited about.  It was my step sister's daughter who is in the 5th grade.  There were about ten girls there not including my kids.  My kids absolutely adore Jianna and were so excited to be going.  They were bugging me all day as to when they were going!

The party lasted about two hours and the kids were entertained the whole time.  Literally I would go downstairs and this is what my daughter said "Mom, we are fine.  Please go back upstairs."  Seriously!  Knox would come over and shut the door on me.  OK I got the picture my babies were fine with the older kids.  They were so good with them too.  Including them in everything and respecting their age and watching out for them.  At one point Alyssa came and got me for something and then wanted me to come meet her new "friend."  It was one of the girls Alyssa had taken a liking too and they were dancing together and stuff.  It was pretty funny.

They did crafts, had a scary story that included sitting in the dark and putting your hand in a bowl to try and figure out what the item was, the mummy game, dancing, crafts, cupcake decorating, and great food.  My kids were wiped out when all was said and done.  Around ten we headed on home and tried to get lots of rest!

The next day we did something a little different for this time of year and attended our first holiday bazaar with our good friends.  It was through Alyssa's preschool and they had an area where the kids could make their own ginger bread house.  Kelly and I were really surprised that all the kids were so into it especially the younger ones.  The bazaar was nothing to write home about.  I mean seriously how many tables can you have of crochet doilies?

Anyhow we killed a little time there before heading on back home to get some rest.  The kids were still pretty exhausted from the night before and with a big week coming up I wanted them to get some rest!

0 Comments: