Monday, July 9, 2012

Vegas Baby!

Cory and I got away for four nights over Father's Day weekend.  We were planning a trip with some friends and were going back and forth as to where to go.  There were a few options put out there where we could stay for free here and there and when we started doing the numbers with the air fare it didn't make sense to go to some.  Our final destination was Vegas!

I will admit it's not one of my favorite places to go, I can get bored there really quick.  For us though the price was right.  We used our air miles for the airfare and we got our stay, all four nights, comped at the Hard Rock.  Don't get me wrong though I had a great time getting away and hanging out with some great people.

We arrived early in the morning and were able to check in and we headed straight to the pool with our friends.  After several hours down there we headed back up to get ready for dinner and the evening out.  After some debate as to where to go we hit up Firefly which is a tapas style restaurant.  The food was pretty good and service amazing, especially for how crowded they were.

After very little debate we headed over to Harris to go to the Toby Keith bar, I love this bar.  There was a band playing there that night and it was Ladies Night.  Ten dollars for a wristband and ladies had free refills all evening.  It was a lot of fun and the band was amazing!

The next day we hung out by the pool again all day and headed back up late afternoon to get ready for dinner etc.  This night we went to Nobu.  One of my favorite places to eat.  It did not disappoint and we got some amazing dishes.  Of course we got the yummy yellowtail jalapeno tuna!  Let me tell you for all of you who are turning up your nose at sushi.  When it is prepared correctly and fresh it's the best!  You won't get a "fishy" taste etc.

We decided to head to Fremont Street afterwards because a few of us had never been there at night.  This was probably my favorite night while we were there.  We saw the light show, there was a great 80's band playing and I got my picture taken with some impersonators.  Oh and after some disagreement we did head of and see the shark tank at the Nugget.  Everyone was able to ooh and ahh....This is a joke so it probably doesn't make a lot of sense but we still laugh.

Saturday our other friends arrived and we spent more time hanging out by the pool, shopping, and getting our tickets for the dinner and show we decided to go see with them on Sunday.  We actually had a lazy evening and it was really nice to catch up on some much needed sleep!

Sunday was another day at the pool and it was heavenly!  All of us spent the whole day there and around four thirty headed on up to rest and get ready for dinner and the show.  We were going to see the Burlesque show at The Flamingo.  I thought it sucked.  Dinner was OK   I ended up choking on a piece of meat but my friend Marisa and Cory came to my rescue.

Monday we came home late that afternoon and I was glad.  It's nice to get away and I like Vegas for a short time but we both missed the kids and wanted to get back to reality.  As far as vacations for us I think we are done for awhile except with our little trips to Chelan.  I have two somewhat big vacations I want to start trying to save for and planning.  I wont get into any of that now but again

0 Comments: