Monday, July 9, 2012

Dance Recital

Alyssa had her second dance recital  when we came back from vacation.  She was so very excited to dance on stage!  My shy little princess really comes out when she is up there and the lights on her.  We did the same as we did the year before and had a little celebration afterwards at the house.

We got her some Hello Kitty chap stick and the "Brave" princess for a gift.  She had an absolutely amazing day.

The recital itself was a  lot of fun I thought.  Alyssa's class went on right before intermission so we were able to pick her up then and leave.  I wasn't sure how Knox was going to do but he sat there the whole time which was about an hour and watched it and clapped.  I was so proud and mainly relieved!  I kind of laugh at the stuff he has had to do because of his sister but I'm sure within the next few years that will start to change too!

I have to say the dance went off without any hitch and all the kids did great!  Some of us parents were a little worried because it had changed a few times over the last few weeks.  Alyssa's teacher was diagnosed with Cancer and has been gone so they have been having subs.  This is really the saddest thing and I hope everything goes accordingly for Mrs. Brenna.


Dance is now over for the summer and she has said she wants to take it again.  She will take another combo class of ballet/tap before picking something specific she wants to do.  She absolutely loves dance and I hope it's something she will always take.  I also hope she gets into sports.  She keeps telling me she wants to take soccer, only because I told her Knox was going to do it next year! 

0 Comments: