Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dance Pictures

I'm sure every parent or almost every parent has an "incident" right before picture day.  Well I'm no different.  Alyssa had her dance pictures this week on Tuesday.  Monday we were outside doing yard work and playing and she was coming off of the front porch and tripped or something and went down and did a face plant on the bottom.

My heart stopped.  I thought for sure there was going to be a lot of blood or broken nose or something.  There wasn't any of that but there were some cries and a lot of scrapes.  I got her cleaned up and an ice pack.  Then all of a sudden Knox said he had an owie too, he did not.  She thought he was pretty funny.

Her scrape on her face was on her forehead between her eyes.  I thought nice, pictures are tomorrow.  Not that it's honestly a big deal.  My concern was for her but also thought it was funny on the timing.

All I have to say is thank goodness for makeup and long hair!  I was able to put a little cover up on and swipe her hair over.  They were supposed to have side pony tails so this actually worked out well.

The picture of her owie really doesn't do it justice but wanted to do a little before and after pic.  A friend had seen her and couldn't believe that she actually had it when she saw her ready for her pictures.

I'm kind of thinking she did it on purpose because she was so excited to be able to wear make up that I think she wanted to wear more!  I'm kidding but when we were getting ready she told me she wanted to put it on herself because she knew how to do it from watching me!

0 Comments: