Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Has Started

Now with most of the activities done we can get started on all of the Summer fun we have planned!  I have gone back and forth about signing Alyssa up for something in the summer and I'm still torn.  The one thing she might do is a science camp at the Children's Museum with her "boyfriend" from preschool.  Again, I just keep going back and forth!

We have been trying to find some fun and different things to do than normal.  At the gym twice a week  they have a bounce house in the Kidz Fit program and I have been letting her do that since she begs me!  I finally broke down and took the kids to Jump Planet with another friend. 

It's a big "room" with about fifteen bounce houses.  I have been avoiding places like this because one I hate the crowds that they attract, the germs, and last with the crowds you get a ton of kids and I will be honest besides my own and some of my friends children I'm not a fan of them.  Yes, I said that.  Think what you want but I'm being honest. 

Anyways, all the kids had a blast going and it completely wore them out!  Knox had a blast going down all the big slides and then once he found the "house" with the basketball hoop and balls that is where he wanted to stay.  After an hour and a half everyone was ready to go home!

We went and spent an afternoon with Grammy and the kids just loved it!  They have certain things that they enjoy doing when they are there.   Playing with the cow bell she got on one of her travels, the Goofy phone, smelling all the perfume, running all around the apartment, playing rock school in the backyard, just like their daddy did, and playing with the big bag of goodies! 

Grammy being the brave soul she is let the kids paint on her table in the family room.  Both kids love painting and it was going really well until Knox decided splashing the water everywhere was a little more fun!  Leave it to him I tell you!

Grammy invited us to stay for dinner so we accepted the offer and both kids helped her cook.  This has been one of Alyssa's favorite things to do and because she likes it Knox now does too!  So they helped make pizza!  It was very fun watching the three of them.  We headed home shortly after dinner and the kids once again were exhausted.

The kids had another birthday party to go to at the end of May.  My good friend Stacy's youngest will be turning five in the summer and so she decided to have it a little earlier.  The kids had a blast.  The party was at the YMCA Adventure Zone.  Alyssa ran around with all the girls playing and Knox played dodge ball with all the big kids.  He loved it.  We were there for about two hours and the kids were wore out!  Alyssa enjoyed seeing Caden again.  They don't get to see each other as much because of busy schedules but still talk about one another a lot!

0 Comments: