Thursday, December 1, 2011

Central Park And Rent....Day Five


Today was the day we finally took advantage of the beautiful park across the street from our hotel, Central Park!
We got up that morning put on our workout clothes and headed over for a beautiful day in the park. The sun was out and amazingly I didn't think the park was that crowded. We started wondering around and came upon the carousel, immediately wishing the kids were with me and how much fun they would have there.

We spent the next several hours wondering around and enjoying the nice weather and the scenery. After awhile we stopped at a little cafe in the park and had us some lunch. That is where Gail decided she was a bird lady and was feeding them. There were tons of them. I can't stand birds. I know some of you probably like them but I think they are dirty little things.

It is such a beautiful place with many photo opportunities. There was a chess tournament going on with kids that we saw. We managed to see Tavern On The Green which is no longer open but there is a gift shop.

After all of this we wondered back to our hotel and got some rest before we headed out that night.

We had our off Broadway show, Rent, and what a great show that was. I really enjoyed it. It's one of those that really makes you think about life. I can't wait to see more shows, obviously in the Seattle area.

Afterwards we headed back to the hotel and called it a night. The next day we would be leaving and I was a little sad to be calling an end to a great trip but also excited to get back and see my family!

0 Comments: