Friday, December 9, 2011

The Nutcracker And The Queen Mary


This year was the first year Alyssa got to go to the Nutcracker at PNB. Nana Gail bought the tickets for Alyssa and I and we couldn't have been more appreciative and excited to go. Every time Alyssa would see the commercial for it she would run in and start dancing and screaming. She was very excited! There were five of us total who went, Alyssa, Me, Grammy, Nana Gail, and Nana Peggy.

Once we got there Alyssa noticed downstairs that there was a ballerina walking around handing stuff out and she wanted to go down and see her. I was able to take her down there alone and get some pictures of her in front of some of the decorations as well as meet and get Alyssa's picture with the ballerina. Alyssa was so thrilled and couldn't wait to go get our seats.

Once we were finally in and it began I don't think Alyssa took her eyes off the performance, well maybe once or twice but mainly just to give us a big smile. She was also very excited about her tea party that she got to have afterwards.

Once the performance was over we headed on over to the Queen Mary for our tea party. Alyssa and I were pretty excited about this. It's a quaint place over near University Village in Seattle. The four of us decided to do the High Tea with Alyssa doing the children's tea and my mom just ordered off of their menu.

Alyssa got hot chocolate and got her own little pot with cream. She loved it and had so much fun. The waitress also brought over a tiara for her to where while she was there. I thought about buying one in their gift shop for her but when I realized they were $40 I decided against that. We all enjoyed our meals and I had a great time there with Alyssa.

I foresee us going back there or at least to the tea room here in Marysville. Hmm...maybe that is where she will have her birthday party when she turns five since I already pretty much have her party planned for this year. I know I'm neurotic!

0 Comments: