Thursday, November 17, 2011

Toy Story 3 On Ice


This summer we received a coupon in the mail to receive a free ticket on opening night of Toy Story with the purchase of one other. We jumped on the chance since it fell on Cory's day off and we would all be able to go as a family.

Alyssa was so stinking excited and talked about it all the time. She was pretty funny in that you would think she would be excited to see Buzz or Woody or even Jessy but no she wanted to see Ken and Barbie. I should have known. We had great seats and once the show started both kids were glued to it. Knox loved the springy dog, I can't remember his "real" name, of course and the army men. They were pretty cool.

Watching these things always amazes me at the talent these people have. We got home a little after ten and a good time was had by all. Now that it over Alyssa hasn't stopped talking about her next show, The Nutcracker. What a spoiled girl!

A funny little story. I was getting ready to make the kids lunch one day and this is how our conversation went.

Me: What would you like for lunch
Alyssa: Grilled cheese
Me: OK, could you grab the cheese out of the fridge for me

Alyssa goes and opens the cheese drawer and looks in it looks at me

Alyssa: No cheese mom
Me: Yes, it's right there. The big orange block.
Alyssa: Icky
Me: Well what kind of cheese do you want?
Alyssa: Brie
Me: What?! You aren't having Brie. We don't even have any.

Alyssa thinks for a moment

Alyssa: OK, brown goat cheese?
Me: We don't have any of that either. You can have cheddar.

It was really pretty funny. I tell you our kids have been exposed to EVERYTHING, well almost everything food wise and I'm so thankful for that because we don't have picky eaters at all. This just cracked me up but I also don't blame her either : )

I have been slacking on getting everything posted and I'm trying to get all caught up. I still need to put my trip to NYC on here. We are also very busy these next few weeks so I will try and keep it updated as much as possible. I hate getting behind!

Knox is doing amazing. He cracks me up and puts a smile on my face everyday at the stuff he does. He tries so hard to be a big kid that at times I forget how old he really is. He is talking a lot and throws new words out almost everyday. I'm getting very excited for Christmas for these two it's going to be a lot of fun!

0 Comments: