Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Week Full Of Celebration


This last week was a very busy week for all of us. With all our usual activities going on we also were very busy celebrating Halloween or going to Harvest Party's like some call them. Whatever it is you choose it was a very fun time for all the kids.

Monday we had a Halloween party at the house for the kids. It was a lot of fun. There were eight kids and the party ended up lasting five hours! There were arts & crafts, cookie decorating, pinata, snacks, a festive movie, music/dancing, along with a lot of other play.

It was very nice because all the kids played together so well and had a lot of fun together. Alyssa and Knox had their besties there so I don't think anything else mattered.

Both kids were very excited for the party when I was decorating. Alyssa told me when she first saw the decorations, "Wow Mom, cool!" Melt my heart! Knox of course loved all the spiders and skeletons I put in the webs around the house.

One party down....and here comes another! Friday we were invited to my friends daughters party. Alyssa and I ended up just going since it was later in the evening. Alyssa always thinks she is so cool going over there because they are older kids, 10ish. There were all kinds of games and treats at this one too. Alyssa's favorite of course was the decorating of the pumpkin. She also liked bobbing for apples. I'm not a fan of it, never have been, but she was so funny after watching all the big kids do it she couldn't wait for her turn. She put her head down and slid her hand down and put it in her mouth. It was the funniest thing. She thought she was pretty neat stuff. She is a character.

Friday was also Orange day at Preschool and they were to wear something with Orange in it and they got to paint pumpkins. The teacher handed out a little sack with a spider ring, sticker, and candy at the end. Very exciting for them : ) Alyssa had her pumpkin black with "magic sprinkles on it" aka glitter! I hate glitter! She loves it so what do you do when your a mom but embrace it.

Saturday night we attended the Harvest Festival at our gym. We met up with my friend Kim and her daughter Alyssa. It was pretty fun. They had all the bouncy houses set up, games, crafts, obstacle course, and prizes. The staff there know me and the kids and were so excited to see us. They love the kids in the day care and couldn't wait to see their costumes.

Alyssa enjoyed going booth to booth and doing the activities. Knox on the other hand enjoyed running the floor of the gym and getting chased by one of the ladies there. After Alyssa had done everything I was beat from chasing Knox around and since I was getting a cold wasn't feeling the best so we headed home. One of the girls was disappointed we weren't sticking around for the costume contest but oh well.
The next morning I received a text from my friend saying my Alyssa won something. I wasn't sure what it was because I didn't enter anything. When I went to the gym the next day I found out she won the coloring contest. Yay, for her! They had her color a picture one day while I was working out. Anyhow she ended up winning a t-shirt and a month of gymnastics! Yay!!! So excited for that...now let's see when I'm going to fit that into her little schedule : )

Sunday I bailed on the Halloween adventure I had planned for them and just rested and got caught up on things. Monday Halloween what a fun day. We went to the gym that morning and I did the Halloween Spin class to Halloween Music, different but fun anyways. That afternoon we took the kids to the mall and did our trick or treating and met up with friends there. Once we were home I took Alyssa out and just did our neighbors we know. I have a hard time telling my kids not to talk to strangers or go to peoples houses they don't know except this one day of the year and you get candy?! So, we just did the people we know. Which was plenty and then she got to come back and hand candy out.

Not sure which she liked best. She was pretty funny. When we were leaving some kids were coming up to the door. She told them "this is my house, the candy is good!" The parents were laughing. Then when we were coming back a big group was leaving and she said "No, don't go! Stay and play!!"

She was hysterical. When she was handing out candy one little boy came up and she actually blew him kisses and waved goodbye to him. Hmmm...she must of really liked his costume! I don't remember what it was but it was so funny.

I love the holidays with little ones. She is really getting excited for Christmas. Well that was a full week of Halloween activities and I was honestly happy to see it end and get all the decorations put away! Alyssa is already talking about what she wants to be for next year!

0 Comments: