Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Tour Of NBC Studios..And Dinner With Mr. Anthony Bourdain....Day Four


I think this morning we were a little tired from the night before but we needed to get up and head to the NBC Studio for our tour. We were pretty excited because the tour was going to consist of inside tours of the studios where they do the Today show and SNL.

We arrived down there and there were two older gentlemen waiting. My first thought was that it was kind of weird that they were on this tour just them. Then I thought don't judge you don't know anything about them. So the tour got started. The guide was talking all about the art in the architecture and we were looking at all the buildings inside and out and hearing all about The Rockefeller's. This continued for almost two hours! We learned some interesting facts but lets just say this wasn't what we signed up for or what we wanted. Especially since we were so tired and having to somewhat pay attention to get it all.

When it was finally over we kind of figured out what happened with the miscommunication from the concierge. It so makes a difference in who you talk with. We had one amazing concierge and another one who had a lot of learning to do. Anyways we grabbed a quick bite since we hadn't had breakfast and headed back to the room for a quick nap before we headed out to dinner that evening.

When I asked Cory what he wanted me to bring back to him he just told me to go check out Anthony Bourdain's restaurant. We are a fan of his so I told him I would since he isn't into trinkets are anything.

The restaurant itself I thought was very cozy, dim lights, music playing. Although the music that was playing didn't really fit the theme of the restaurant and was kind of loud. I was excited to get a meal here because to eat at such an opinionated food critics own restaurant you think you are going to have the meal of your life, right?!

We got some brie for an appetizer which was phenomenal and a bottle of wine. There was nothing too special about the wine. Our waiter, eh...he never put any effort into it. I mean he came by and took our orders but there seemed to be a little something missing. Our food came and I have to say wasn't anything that I expected out of Mr. Bourdain's restaurant. I honestly expected to walk away with having the best meal of my life. Not the case. Mine was so so. I had mussels and frits. I don't remember the broth that the mussels were in but it was good but living in the NW what was I thinking getting seafood?!?!?!?! The frits that he is supposed to be known for or the restaurant, they are fries, well they weren't bad but weren't oh my god I need more!

With that I'm no foodie but I was highly disappointed in Mr. Bourdain's restaurant. Especially knowing that I could have gone to several other places and had a much better meal. SO when I hear him taking cracks at Paula Dean for her cooking or Bobby Flay which I'm thinking are awesome cooks. Yeah maybe some aren't the healthiest but I hope Mr. Bourdain takes some ques from his own reviews.

If you were to ask me if I would go back I would say yes. I give everything and everyone a second chance atleast. No one is perfect and sometimes don't make great first impressions but I wouldn't be putting it on the top of my list to drop the dough there.

Now back to the hotel and looking forward to day five!

0 Comments: