Monday, November 21, 2011

Shopping And No I Won't Bust.....Day Two NYC


Today we ended up sleeping in until around 1030 or so. It felt so late there but in reality is was only 730 for us. Our beds were absolutely amazing! We managed to drag ourselves out and get ready and head down to do a little shopping. I love to shop. It doesn't matter what it's for or for who. I honestly would be content going to Home Depot and buying nails. I just love to shop and what a better place to do it than New York City!

Since 5th Avenue was right down the road from us we walked down and our first stop after getting coffee was Bergdorf and Goodman. Now I probably don't have to say much about that place but for those of you reading this there isn't much there that any of us could afford. When I say "us" I'm meaning the people I know. It's very very expensive but so so nice and if I could would shop there in a heart beat! It's a department store with high end items. We only made it to two floors accessories and cosmetics. After I found a purse I wanted and it was beautiful and I saw the price tag over $3g's I decided I would just be dreaming because I don't think I could get away with explaining to Cory what the charge on the credit card was for that! He hates my obsession with purses and thinks it's so unpractical...silly boy doesn't get it! We did fall upon some nice perfume at a great deal that I kept contemplating about going back and getting but never did. Oh well next time : )

Once we left we headed out and found FAO Schwartz. We wanted to do a little Christmas shopping for the kids and new they would mail packages home so off we went. That store is simply amazing. When I say we spent all day there we did just that minus the two hour lunch we had. Three stories of toys and they had some pretty amazing stuff. Main floor was stuffed animals, candy, a little dessert area, and a place you could make your own Muppet puppet! It was so cool. I wanted one but besides sitting on a shelf what would I do with it and the kids wouldn't understand how cool the Muppet's were. Cory and I both grew up watching them and loved them.

Downstairs was baby stuff and some toys for younger kids. They suckered me into getting Alyssa this print out with all the Princesses' on it. You input her name and anyone Else's names you want and it labels it all around the picture. It's pretty cool. She was excited when she saw it so now she has it hanging on her wall in her room. Then we found the wall that had all these Caillou toys on it. Alyssa loves Caillou so her Nana Gail decided she was getting her a doll. It's cute and creepy at the same time and Alyssa loves him. We went upstairs and checked it out and were simply amazed. The reading corner was very cool where they do story time. I was a little disappointed in the selection of books. I think they could make that area a lot cooler. We saw the piano from the movie Big. There was a line to play on it and I had no desire to. The one think I though interesting though was I thought it was a lot bigger than it actually was...hmm...The Lego displays they had made up were very cool and hard to believe it was just Legos!

We checked out the rest of upstairs, cars, Barbies, dolls etc. kind of got a game plan and decided to go eat lunch. Doesn't everyone do better on a full stomach!? We wandered around outside and found this restaurant Tao and decided this would be our big meal of the day. Until I went here Nobu was my favorite restaurant but this is very similar to that and I think gives Nobu a run for it's money. The food is Asian inspired and delicious! We got several dishes and shared them. A must was some tuna. Now some people may be crinkling their noses but you have to try it. Nothing is better than having something that melts in your mouth and taste so good and healthy for you! No there is no fishy taste. There never is if you cook it right, FYI. One of my pet peeves is people who say or refuse to try new foods. Anyways we had so many good dishes, wine and dessert. Complete heaven. Our waiter helped us order and recommended items and did not steer us wrong!

After our meal we headed back to FAO and made our decisions and purchases. Dolls, books, cars were all on the purchase list a long with a few other very cool items. In the doll area when you adopt your baby they take care of it like in the hospital. Showing you how to change it etc. Very cute. The employees all over are dressed in costume. There was also Captain America there that I wanted to take a pic of but you had to pay $20 for it and I don't think he is all that so I passed. Seriously you can't take one with your own phone. Several times someone would jump in front of him and announce that was not alright. Geez! Anything for a buck I guess.

We made our way to the register purchased and mailed our items and headed back out for a walk back to our hotel. We got a little turned around and went the wrong way so our very close walk ended up being a little longer. Eventually we made it back and called it a night and relaxed. Now when I said earlier we spent all day there we did, it was almost eight when we got to our room!

There weren't any big plans for the following day except for our reservation for High Tea at the Russian Tea Room. So, we decided to do a little more shopping and check out Macy's. Now, time for sleep!

Day two was done!

0 Comments: