Thursday, June 23, 2011

Recital Week

Alyssa had a week full of activities getting ready for the big recital held on Saturday.
It started off the day with getting pictures done at the studio. They did individual and group photos. Alyssa was very excited about this because she got to wear her pink sequin tutu and wear make up. I tried to curl her hair for the pictures but with her hair being so fine by the time we got to the studio it had pretty much fallen out and was just a little wavy.
She did great with her pictures and it was fun to see all the chaos and the other little girls costumes.

Wednesday was her rehearsal for the recital. Another day of getting all dressed up. Let me tell you my little ballerina loved it. I wasn't sure how she was going to do on stage because sometimes when put in a new situation she is very nervous and unsure. She loved it. We weren't there long since her class was the second dance. They did do a father daughter dance but after talking it over several times we decided Cory wouldn't be doing it. The rehearsal times never meshed with his work schedule and I wasn't about to have him take time off to attend one. I'm surprised that the studio doesn't ask what the husbands work schedules are etc. I guess since it's optional it doesn't matter.

Alyssa was so excited after this. Her and I went out to dinner and she couldn't stop talking about it and dancing. It was very cute.

Saturday was her big day. Thankfully, she was in the early show at one. She was so excited to go dance and show her Nana's who all came up to watch her. It felt like we were waiting around forever before she actually went on. Her and I were backstage while everyone else was sitting in the audience. When the time came the look on her face was priceless. I stayed backstage while the other mom's went out to watch. I saw her walking and taking her place and she waved across at me. I feel like this time was our special little moment. I watched on the t.v. monitor and for a moment felt bad that I hadn't gone out with the other mom's but when she came running back afterwards and I was there I wouldn't have traded it for anything. The pure excitement on her face and her telling me she wanted to dance more was enough for me!

After meeting up with the rest of the family, taking some pictures, and getting her flowers, we headed back to the house for a nice dinner, wine, and presents for her big day. I hadn't planned on really getting her anything but I was so proud in how much she has grown this last year and her love for ballet that I couldn't resist. I found a cute necklace, since she loves her jewelry, that has a ballerina on it and pink rhinestones for the tutu. She hasn't taken it off since.

I'm really looking forward to watching the DVD when it comes to see what everyone else did because like probably most parents we only watched our own! I ended up signing her up for classes for next year at the same place. I'm debating on changing locations for several reasons but haven't at this time.

The day couldn't have been more perfect for us. I know she was excited to have her Nana's there to support her and to see how hard she has worked this year. Thank you again Nana's!

0 Comments: