Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break


This last week has been a lot of fun and very busy. Last weekend Cory and I got a babysitter and went out with some friends in Ballard for sushi. It was exactly what we needed great food and company. I love sushi. I have been craving it so much lately. That Sunday the kids and I met back up with them for brunch at the Alki Cafe. We love that place and Alki for that matter. It was a nice day and Alyssa was so excited to see "Cole." I was a little bummed that I had been better prepared because afterwards I wanted to take the kids over and play at the Community Center that is right there but new if I did that I would probably have a few issues. We came home and there will be plenty of days to take them back.

Alyssa was going to go and spend the week down in Longview with her Grandparents but her Nana got sick so it was postponed to this upcoming week. The weather was so crappy that we had been stuck inside for most of the time.

One morning I was feeling a little blah and decided to make the kids rainbow waffles. They both loved them and Alyssa, of course, is now asking for different colored ones everyday. I like experimenting with food, especially doing fun stuff for the kids.


Wednesday I was going to have a "me" day but I decided to take Alyssa and see the movie HOP. She has been asking to go and I thought that this would probably be one of the only chances I got for awhile to take her. It was a cute movie, nothing really more to say about it one way or another. Alyssa enjoyed it too but I think she would have liked it if there was more animation in it.

Friday was a beautiful day and we had two park dates with friends. Our first one that morning was with some friends here in town and their kids. We really enjoy getting together with them. All of us were there by ten and stayed a few hours, pretty much until the older kids got there. Thank you spring break! I'm so not looking forward to summer and the older kids being out of school. I am looking forward to summer though!

When we left the first park I came home and we literally were home for maybe thirty minutes doing bathroom breaks, getting milk and snacks before packing up the car again to head back out. We went down to Greenlake Park and met a friend from high school and her children. It was fun to catch up and meet each others children. After spending three hours there, it was Friday, and four o'clock I decided it was time to get back home. We also had to go get the dog at day care. It made for a very long fun and exhausting day though. I was sure both kids would fall asleep in the car but neither did! Both had been going since seven that morning. Let's just say though it was a early bed time and mama liked!

0 Comments: