Sunday, April 10, 2011

Children's Symphony


A while a go I had heard that the Seattle Symphony puts on shows for children. When I looked into it I only found programs for six and older. I was a little bummed but no big deal and than I came across their program for children birth to five.

I was able to get us some tickets for a show that was coming up. We took Grammy with us since she is big time fan of the symphony herself and has season tickets as well. We weren't sure what to expect but regardless it was going to be a great day hanging out with each other.

The doors opened an hour before show time and in the hall they had a bunch of activities for children to do. It was so awesome to open this world up to children at such an early age. Knox loved playing with the xylophone. He got a little upset with me when I took him away but quickly got over it.

The performance was only thirty minutes and entertainment for all. Both kids were still pretty tired from our long day the day before but did a great job. Alyssa loved the monkey song and was dancing all around. It was so cute.

Afterwards we went out to eat lunch at Chinook's per Alyssa's request so she could see all the boats. She loves boats, which I don't blame her, so we ended up there. Neither Grammy or I were disappointed though since we both enjoy that restaurant a lot. We went back to Grammy's and hung out for awhile before heading home late afternoon again. Knox was out by the time I got down the hill and snoring. Alyssa stayed awake but it was another early bed time for them again! I love those days!!

0 Comments: