Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Knox!


Today was Knox's birthday and we spent a nice day with just us. We had a lazy morning hanging out at the house playing and cleaning. I did the cleaning while everyone else played I should say. Later that day we went out in Downtown Snohomish for dinner to celebrate. Afterwards Alyssa and I poked our heads into a few cute stores while Cory and Knox went back to the car. They are both fighting colds.

It's hard for me to believe that my little man turned one! I remember when we found out we were having a boy. I was honestly a little disappointed and nervous. I'm not sure exactly why because I have always wanted a son but maybe because I had a girl already and I guess knew what to expect? Or maybe it was because you always here people say one sex is easier or better than the other for various reasons. That I really think depends on the child and not the sex but I'm also sure some will disagree.

I now can't imagine life without my little man and how much joy he brings us. I'm looking forward to seeing him turn into a toddler and his personality really emerge good or bad. As with any child I know we will have ups and downs and I look forward to those. This next year he will be changing by leaps and bounds and next year I probably will have forgotten this cute little boy that sits in front of me today and only be reminded by the pictures that we have.

However I am reminded of these days or the ones to come I know that I love this little man very much and know one thing for sure, he will always be my little man!

These pictures are of Knox at two weeks, three months, nine months, and one year.

0 Comments: