Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fat Tuesday


Whether you call it Carnival, Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday we decided that we were going to do a little celebration. I didn't get our King Cake made, but we still had a wonderful dinner that represented the New Orleans spirit. I made shrimp and sausage jambalaya and it was amazing if I do say so myself. I think I have Creole running through my blood because the spicier it is the more I like it! The kids loved it too. I was worried because of how spicy it was but in this family you either live with it or you don't eat : ) Knox couldn't get enough, but that's not saying much he is eating my out of house and home! I'm scared to see what he is like when he is a teenager.

During the day Alyssa and I went shopping to get some masks and necklaces. We had a lot of fun doing that. This girl loves to shop! When we got home we played a lot with the masks and necklaces that we purchased on our outing. Cory was even a sport and wore them. What a fun time we had.

Alyssa had her second dentist appointment the other day. I'm happy to report that she once again has no cavities. She was pretty good in there and following direction as well. There was a moment when she got scared because I think she was thinking she was going to have to get stitches again. Once she realized that wasn't happening she enjoyed it. That's my girl. I too love going to the dentist. Of course her toothbrush, dental floss, bracelet, and stickers she got while there are all PURPLE!

After her appointment we were supposed to go and get a tour of the Petcare Hospital in Mill Creek. It ended up being a bust so I took her to the pet store instead. She loves to go there and look at all the animals. Her and one of the lizards were even kind of playing with each other. It was pretty cute.

On a side note I have to say that I'm so proud of my husband. In the last few months he has lost 31 pounds! He looks amazing, although I always thought he did. I'm so happy for him.

On another note, I'm going to New York! I can't wait. It's not until October so these next few months I'm probably going to annoy a lot of people by talking about it but who cares, I get to go to New York!

We have a busy week ahead of us and I can't wait for the fun to begin!

0 Comments: