Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Dino-mite Party For The Birthday Boy


Knox's birthday isn't until tomorrow but yesterday we had his birthday party. We just had family and two close friends of mine who have kids within months of Knox. It was a very long day for Cory and I but it was all worth it in the end.

Since Knox isn't into really anything at this point I decided to have a dinosaur party. Well I guess I shouldn't say he isn't into anything because he does love his race car thing he has. The morning started out really early with my finishing decorating the dinosaur cake I made. It wasn't perfect but partly because I didn't do it like the directions called for as far as frosting and the cut outs weren't very specific. I improvised and I think overall is was a success.

After getting all that done and our normal morning rituals it was time for me to head out and take the princess to dance class. They are starting to learn more and more for the dance recital. When that was over we had some errands to go do, pick up the cake and get a few more things at the store and balloons. I bought his "smash cake" because I was afraid I was going to run out of time and was happy I did. I got it at Central Market which is one of my favorite stores, if only it wasn't so far away.

When we finally got home around noon, Nana Gail and Papa Ron where already at the house with Cory's brother and his family on the way up with Grammy. Cory's brother hung out for awhile and it was nice to see them and the kids. They had to be home that night so didn't stay too long. My mom also arrived not long after we got
home. The house was full and everyone having a good time.
Later that afternoon my friends showed up with their kids and Cory went and picked up dinner from Luca's our favorite Italian restaurant. Once again, for us, the meal did not disappoint! After everyone was done with dinner it was present time. Wouldn't you know it, Knox had no interest at all! I was a little surprised because at Christmas he enjoyed it. All he wanted to do was play with a toy that was beside us. Alyssa and Ian took over the opening of presents. I'm not kidding you they probably would have been done in 30 seconds if I would have let them. I was trying to see what the gifts were and keep track of who got what. I think I got it but man those kids are pros!

Knox got some wonderful gifts and I'm so thankful for generous family and friends! You can guess what came after that, cake! Knox has had bites of cake before but nothing big until now. The cake he had was a dinosaur egg. It was adorable and huge! Honestly, we probably all could have ate that and been OK. After singing to him and I put the cake in he didn't need any help at all, even though Alyssa did take a few tastes herself. I'm not kidding you that kid dug in and probably ate
about half of it. There wasn't even a mess on the floor! At one point he slowed down a little and looked like he was going to pass out but then he picked it up again and ate a little more.
Afterwards his Nana Gail gave him a bath and shortly after he went to bed. Our friends went home and we sat down and tried to relax a little. It had been a long lovely day! After hanging out for awhile some left and went to the hotel while the rest of us crashed. What a great day it was for a little man who is going to be turning 1!

0 Comments: