Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Already!?


We have been a busy family. There have been so many things going on and I love it. The last week or so I have been taking Alyssa to open gym and letting her play. It's great because it's in the afternoon, so no nap, and by early evening so is asking me to go to bed! I don't feel like my child's schedule needs to be jammed packed but anything that wears them out is a yes please! Other parents will know exactly what I'm talking about.

One Saturday we headed into Seattle and spent the day with Grammy and Nana Gail. Alyssa was so excited that was all she talked about for two days and after! It was such a nice afternoon / evening. The kids played and there were no meltdowns, always a plus, and Alyssa put on a little dance recital for them. I think that was the highlight of the night, especially for Grammy and Nana. We usually get a daily dose of that, which we enjoy as well.


The weather has also turned out to be very nice but cold, my favorite! Cory had been itching to go out to Kayak Park, one of our favorite places, and build a fire, have lunch, and play. After Alyssa and I got home from dance class we loaded up the car and headed out there. It was a beautiful day but very cold. Normally it's not bad out there but the wind happened to be coming directly at us. We were all troopers and had our lunch and played but only for about two hours. Alyssa loves the park there and I couldn't wait to take them both there and have Knox try the swings. We hadn't been there since he was only a few months old and he was big enough now to go on the "wee wee's" with his sister. They were hilarious, he squeeled as much as she did. Once again Im so thankful that Im able to stay at home and take in all these moments with them!


The next day after Cory got home from the gym and store he had bought stuff to make s'mores with the kids in the backyard while I was at a meeting. He had waited for me to get home so I could enjoy it too. We made a fire in our fire pit and the roasting begun. I gave Knox his first one, although in stages, and he loved every bit of it! I mean who wouldn't! We can't wait to take the kids camping this summer it will be a blast as well as making more memories in our backyard!


This month always amazes me because it's the shortest month and always seems like it gets jammed pack with stuff. I'm not going to complain because I love to be doing and if not I'm usually bored a little odd for the introvert that I am. One of my goals that I'm sure I previously talked about was reading at least twenty four books. To keep me a little accountable I've started a list on here and I'm going to update every time I finish one.

Cory and I are doing great on our diets. I have lost ten pounds so far and I'm so thankful although I feel I have a ton more to lose. I'm almost comfortable where I'm at but a goal is to be in a bikini. My resolution of this happening by April maybe pushed back a little but I'm still working on it.


This last week or so I have made several "new" meals. One thing that we have fallen in love with is making cauliflower mashed potatoes. I know what right? We love potatoes and this is perfect although it doesn't replace them it almost gives us the same satisfaction. I also stumbled upon a great snack for all of us. I was going to make a child hood favorite of mine, banana spice cookies and came across something else on one of my cooking sites. It was for a banana cookie, but had no sugar and only had 4 ingredients. It was pretty healthy so I gave it a shot. They didn't come close to my beloved banana cookies but it is a great snack for the kids which both love. I think next time I will add some dried cranberries or raisins for a little something else. I also came across this wonderful cook book and it has a great recipe for trail mix in it. I can't wait to make that!

Well now that I feel totally "granola" I may need to go "kill" us some dinner!

0 Comments: