Saturday, January 22, 2011

Alyssa Renee

I've been kind of hesitant to write this post because I don't want to have any set backs even though I know it can and might happen. Alyssa is potty trained! Well almost anyways. Of course she chose this last month to do it when we have all been down and out.

I'm not even sure how it all started but for whatever reason she ended up in the bathroom sitting on her potty chair and she went. We made a big deal of it and ever after that's how it's been. Now she did have a few accidents the next few days but it's been three days now and no accidents. When she goes down for a nap I haven't been putting them on her either and so far so good! I can't bring myself, at this point, to let her not have one at night right now. I'm just very proud of her, she has done incredibly well.

It might have begun by me saying that if she wanted to go to school she had to be potty trained. She wants to go so bad and can't wait. We have a bus stop in front of our house and every time she sees that bus or any school bus for that matter she gets so dang excited. I only hope it stays that way!

We have found a preschool for her to attend in the fall. I'm so excited about it. I went and had a tour, met the director, and teacher all who I couldn't be more pleased with. I remember my days in preschool and had so much fun I know Alyssa is really going to enjoy it too!


She is turning into such a little girl. I feel I went to asleep and the next day I woke up and my baby was gone! We started getting into a habit that we weren't very good at before but cleaning her room! For those of you who don't know her room could be a mess at times. Alyssa can be very particular about where stuff goes. If you don't get it exactly right she gets kind of upset and will go move it. I think she inherited her father's ocd.

This year Alyssa is going to be having a very busy February. There are a lot of activities that she will be doing but she is having her first Valentines Day Party. I'm excited for that and hopefully there will be a good turn out.

2 Comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations on the potty training! Owen's gone in the potty a couple of times but we haven't been very serious about it yet. We're really going to start cracking down after we get home from our next vacation. Way to go!! :)

Dawn said...

Congratulations to Alyssa! That is so exciting! You are so good at keeping up your blog, I am impressed. I enjoy reading about all your goals and your fun adventures! I can't wait to see you guys again, hopefully we can make that work relatively soon.