Friday, February 18, 2011

An Amazing Weekend


Last weekend Alyssa and I had another one of our girl afternoons. The movie Gnomeo and Juliet was coming out and she had been wanting to go since she first saw the preview months ago. She does so good at the movies and was very excited, the bonus for me was she was free! Of course my favorite part is watching the previews and I saw some that I can't wait to see.

It was a cute movie, one I will probably end up buying for the kids. I have to say though the music was my favorite part, who doesn't love a little Elton John!? I took her to the store before and let her pick out two things of candy. She was in seventh heaven! It cracks me up because if she hears someone talking during the movie or even once inside, she will look at me and put her finger up to her mouth and say "shshshsh"


The next day I got my belated birthday present from Cory's parents and that was a night out to see Rock Of Ages and dinner at Wild Ginger. Both were amazing and if you love 80's hair band music than you would love this show! It was a great time, I really think I was born in the wrong era. Afterwards we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle, Wild Ginger. I got my favorite the duck along with a coconut martini. It was the best!


On Sunday, Alyssa's Nana Gail, Nanny, and I all went to see the ballet Cinderella. I was going to take Alyssa with my mom's group but the event was already sold out. I was pretty bummed about it. I was talking with Nana Gail about it and her and Nanny decided that would be part of her birthday present. I was a littler nervous how she would do because of course she refused to take a nap that day and the show wasn't until 6:30. She did a great job. The seats were phenomenal, we were in row J. There were no meltdowns or outbursts and she loved it! The expression on her face when the orchestra started and the first dancer came out was priceless. At the first
intermission we received sparkling wine from Gloria Ferrer. I was lucky enough to go there this last September when I was in Napa. I have to say she was better behaved than the boy sitting in front of us that was booing and making noises through the entire show. I heard the mother saying she would never take him to another ballet. I felt bad for her knowing how much money she spent on the seats and she brought all three of her children. Her daughter was enjoying it but her two sons could have cared less. I was kind of laughing at the situation. I did tell Cory him and Knox would be making a family trip to the Nutcracker and then they would never have to go again with us unless they wanted to. I'm looking forward to taking her to the Nutcracker this year and I love that she is getting exposed to so much culture.


That was the end to a fantastic weekend and leading up to a great week of fun filled events.

0 Comments: