Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Part Three


After having a full day at my Mom's house the next day we celebrated with Cory's family.

That morning Cory and I went out to breakfast sans kids! Now, that doesn't happen very often anymore. It was fun just being the two of us and I forgot how easy and quickly we could get stuff done. We missed those guys though and laughed how at times when they aren't with you, you end up talking about them. Thankfully we do a good job at talking about everything instead of just the kids!

We got up to his parent,s house and had a long fun day hanging out with family. Alyssa was very excited to see her Nana, Papa, and Nanny. Cory and I picked up some champagne and made Mimosa's that morning for everyone and enjoyed the goodies that were put out.

His Mom cooked a fabulous dinner, prime rib, york shire pudding, roasted potatoes, and green beans with bacon. Delicious! I think next time we will be doing something
a little less time consuming so Nana can spend more time with all the grand kids!

Before dinner we opened presents. I was pretty excited for the kids because I knew what they were getting. Alyssa got a chest full of princess dress up clothes and a princess hair set that includes, hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, and curlers. It's simply adorable. Knox got some pretty cool cars. He is so funny because he actually likes to unwrap the presents. The big hit for him was probably the box he rode around in that Alyssa's Angeline Ballerina doll came in. Knox had so much fun being pulled around by his Papa in it.

We didn't head back to the hotel until after nine or so. Since Alyssa slept through dinner she was starving so we picked her up a Happy Meal and headed back to the room where she had her own bunk beds and a t.v. and VCR. I'm sure I would have loved that when I was little!

All of us were wiped out and new it was going to be another long day tomorrow. We got up early went swimming and than off to load all the toys up at the grandparents'
houses. Alyssa was staying in Longview for the week so she is going to have an extra long vacation with her Nana and Papa!

Once back home we got all the Christmas decorations put away, toys out of boxes and a little organization we headed out to eat. I took Cory and Knox to my favorite pizza place. We always complain how there are now good pizza places like the ones we grew up with. The place we went to was as close as we were going to get. They have amazing pizza. This is where Cory gave me my big surprise. Nicole had called and we were chatting about this and that and New Years. Cory told her to fly up and he would pay half! Long story short, Nicole is coming!!!

The kids will be thrilled, I will have some fun, and my husband is the best!

0 Comments: