Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years


We had a great time bringing in the New Years but I'm not going to go too much into that but more of a reflection of the last year and a look to the upcoming instead. On New Years Cory, Knox, me, and some friends ended up going to a hockey game and came back to the house afterwards for music and drinks. It was a great night and the pictures posted here are from that night.

I can't believe another year has already come and gone. New Years is for some a night to just go out and get intoxicated and although I enjoyed a few cocktails, for me the last few days has been about reflection of the year. Again, a perfect way to put it, the days are long but the years go by quickly. As I sit hear and think about this last year it brings a smile to my face on everything we have accomplished and done as a family. I look back at my blog and realize how lucky my family really is in everything we are able to do and share especially with our children.

One of the biggest things that happened to our family was the birth of our son Knox. We had pretty much just got comfortable and in a routine with one child when we welcomed Knox into the world on March 16, 2010. Now with two kids, twenty-five months apart, our lives were once again in chaos. After a few months everything
settled down and we got back into our new routine. Although this is constantly changing with the change of the kids I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The kids are two people in my life that can bring a smile to my face by doing absolutely nothing. Today we figured out what day we would be celebrating his 1st birthday. I can't believe it's almost upon us!

The family had lost a great man, George Hughes, on March 1, 2010. It was a great loss to all of us for he was a pretty incredible man in everything he was and accomplished in his life. He is always in our thoughts and conversations. This year while I was doing Christmas cards I came upon his address and stopped and thought of some good times we shared. On February 1, which would have been his 97Th birthday, I think I will have one of his signature cocktails a martini. I will say and he would probably roll over for this but it has to be a girly one. Sorry George!

We made it through another grueling Mariner season. As crazy as those months are I'm so thankful for my husbands job opportunities that keep us living in a lifestyle we enjoy and the kids experiencing stuff that they wouldn't get to as often as they do otherwise.


For this next year I have again made several personal goals. Some of them are silly bad habits like putting laundry away when it's done. I despise putting it away. Other's are a little bigger and more personal. Needless to say I have some, goals, as I think everyone should. We will see how well I do through the year and might adjust as I see appropriate. My main thing is to enjoy my family and keep on creating the great memories with them! Which is partly why I do this blog. I use this as my children's baby books and I recently got the last two years printed out into a book. It's beautiful! I'm so glad I did that. I plan on printing out the year in January and giving one to each of the kids for them to have. If any of you have a blog or want something published it's a great way to go.

Now it's off to start planning two very special birthdays that are coming up! Happy New Year to all!

0 Comments: