Monday, May 10, 2010

An Unexpected but Exceptional Mother's Day

The last few days my mother-in-law was in town and staying with us. She was supposed to be helping out with the kids while Cory was gone working Mariner's. Instead she ended up getting a cold and was down and out. Alyssa was sick as well with a cold. I ended up not getting everything done that I had wanted to accomplish in those days but it wasn't all at a loss. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Knox wouldn't get sick as well but he did along with Cory. I couldn't believe Cory got sick, he was literally only home for a few hours!
Anyways, so I pretty much tried to take care of everyone and make sure there were plenty of fluids around for them. For mother's day I was going to be just hanging out with the kids while Cory worked. Since Gail was sick she didn't want to get her mother sick so I ended up replacing her and spending mother's day with Grammy.
We had a great time. Her and I went out to lunch at Wolf Gang Pucks restaurant "Pucks" inside Benaroya Hall before we went and saw the Seattle Symphony. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not but thought a few hours of no kids pulling on me for something, no whining, and a chance to wear my heals, it couldn't be all that bad and I was right.
The lunch was good and we had some great conversation and some laughs with the jokester who sat down with us, and than off to the symphony. It was an amazing time. The whole orchestra wasn't there, just the strings but it was still a great performance and honestly wouldn't mind to go again.
So that was my mother's day. As always being with Grammy was a whole lot of fun and is a great memory for me to have. The kids got to spend a lot of time with their grandma, even though they were all sick. My heels still like me, no blisters or stumbles. Cory, the kids and I will celebrate on Wednesday with some hopefully nice weather and a barbecue.

0 Comments: