Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Lake Tahoe of Washington


For our anniversary this year we were lucky to have my mom come and watch the kids and let us get away for a few nights to celebrate and relax a little.
We left early Friday morning and stopped off in Leavenworth for a little lunch at one of our favorite spots and got a bratwurst and a German beer. Let me tell you my brat was so delicious. I got a jalapeno and cheddar and I put a little honey mustard and jalapenos with some sauerkraut on it. It was the perfect dog if there is such a thing.
Once we arrived in Chelan, Cory and I went and hit a bucket of balls at the driving range and were going to decide if we were going to play 9 holes afterwards. It was very windy and I felt like I was at Bandon Dunes or St. Andrews. Not that I have either played at either one of those courses. Afterwards, I was still a little nervous about playing so we went in and got a beer and enjoyed the patio a little before deciding. We ended up playing nine holes and I'm so glad we did. It was so much fun. I had some good shots but also had some lousy ones. I will have to say though at least I didn't have any that were ob and I did beat Cory. Right Cory!?!?!
After that we stopped off at some of the winery's and than headed back to the hotel to check in and get some dinner.
The next day we headed across the street and got some Bloody Mary's and talked with the owners of the bar. We found out that they used to be residents of Lake Stevens and owned a couple bars here. Above the bar they turned it into a hotel and they gave us a tour of it. It was beautiful! I was almost bummed we weren't staying there except for the fact that we had got such an awesome deal plus $100 food voucher at their restaurant. Later we went and had breakfast at our favorite place to eat there, which is Blueberry Hill Farm. They have the most wonderful food! When we were finished we started our wine tour of the area and had a great time with lots of great stories. I wont go into any of them but it was fun filled day and I even signed up for a wine club.

0 Comments: