Friday, April 23, 2010

The Kids


Knox had his one month appointment this last week and he is a growing healthy little man. He is now 21inches and 9.3lbs. which isn't a whole lot but if you think about it that is 2inches and 2lbs. that he has grown/gained in one month! I think he is going to be a very tall lanky little man. His arms are unbelievably long! He has quite a bit of hair and it cracks me up because he has a permanent Mohawk! I make every attempt to brush it down and it doesn't matter what I do but it goes straight up. It's actually pretty cute!

Alyssa is continuing to do very well with him. She is a very good big sister always covering him up, telling him "hi" and giving lots of hugs and kisses. With saying that, she also let's him know that she is the "BIG" sister in her own little way, by hitting him. He did get her back though the other day by pulling her hair. It was pretty funny. She bent down to give him a kiss or something and her hair got into his hand. He had a death grip on it and she was not happy! Oh let the fun begin!
It amazes me how in the last few months I have seen such a change in Alyssa. Her speech is coming along, although she has words for stuff probably only I would recognize. Her imaginative play is also continuing to prosper. The other day I was watching her in "her" kitchen and she makes herself something to eat and than will sit down and eat it and put it in the sink when she is done. It's so very cute to watch her do this and she loves her kitchen. Another thing is her baby. Her baby is almost as important as her blanket. Alyssa carries her around and will wrap her in the blanket, feed her, burp her and put her on the floor for tummy time etc. It's funny how much she mimics and understands. She will tell me that's her baby and say Knox is mine.

As for me, I have been keeping very busy. Besides Alyssa's activities I have been working on me! I have made it a point to hit the gym at least 5 days out of the week and I'm getting a personal trainer for awhile to help me with my target. I can't wait for that!!! In June I'm starting back up my golf lessons, I signed up for Lady's Night, which will be exciting and hopefully will meet some people who I can play with.

Cory has been working the Mariner's. You can pretty much say that whenever the Mariner's are at home, Cory is working. We are looking forward to our anniversary and getting away to Lake Chelan!

0 Comments: