Friday, April 16, 2010

Ode to My High Heels


Oh high heels how I miss you so
Red, Black, Silver, Purple or with a bow
We went through so much together
Parties, dates, work and weddings
Sometimes we didn't get a long and you made me pay the price
When we did though, you made our entrance amazing and I knew our relationship would be priceless
Satin, buckles, leather and feathers.
We were a force to reckon with even in bad weather.
I never knew there would come a day when you would be replaced with screaming kids and poopy diapers and put away in the box you came in.
Oh how I yearn for one more night of dancing with blisters at the end.
You may not be there everyday but know each and everyone of you hold a place in my heart
One day you will be back daily and although it might be a rocky reconciliation it will be a start
Oh how I miss my high heels

0 Comments: