Friday, January 15, 2010

Ten to go and counting


I had a check up on Wednesday and was anxious for it because I was going to find out the results of my three hour glucose test and to talk with the doctor about how I had been feeling. Everything checked out normal so I was really excited about that and all my other issues are just normal pregnancy issues that I just need to deal with. I did inform the doctor that I was done and he just laughed and said well the baby wasn't and I would have to stick it out a little longer. Im currently 30 weeks along, almost 31. It's starting to feel like anytime now and Cory keeps reminding me he needs to pack his bag. I laugh because I don't know what he is so stressed about but that's my OCD husband for you!

Baby Deuce's heartbeat was nice and strong like normal. I haven't been sleeping well again. I wake up when Cory goes to work around 2 a.m. and than I'm up for awhile before I fall asleep only to get up at 6:30. Thankfully Alyssa doesn't get up until around 8 - 8:30. I have been getting lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, which I don't think are a big deal at all. Granted they can be uncomfortable at times but are nothing like the "real" thing.

Alyssa went to Gymboree on Monday and played at their open gym time. She had so much fun there. She amazes me how she is growing and turning into a little girl. I have her birthday already planned and can't believe she is going to be turning two! She has also been enjoying feeding her little brother. It's kind of funny. She will bring me her tea pot and pour into my belly button. Than she will hug and kiss my belly. She is going to be a great big sister.

We are heading down to Longview on Friday for my baby shower on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, especially those I haven't seen forever. My friends in Alyssa's playgroup gave me and one of the other ladies in the group a shower last week. It was so much fun. We just went out to dinner but they showered us with some amazing gifts.

0 Comments: