Monday, June 8, 2009

WARNING: Toddler coming through....

So this last week has been very entertaining with Alyssa. Until now I haven't bothered baby proofing the kitchen cabinets because she hasn't been too interested in opening them. This last week she has been all about them. Now, there are only two cabinets that she really likes, the one under the sink and the cabinet with all of her dishes. The one under the sink obviously concerned me but the other one just annoyed me more than anything. I found some great locks that you didn't have to drill into the cabinets and were magnetic, so I purchased a few of these to hold her at bay. After we got them installed she tried to open them and was very upset that they would not open.

Parents: 1 Alyssa: 0

Now it may seem foolish that I put one on the cabinet with her stuff in it but for me it was about cleaning it all up. I hate messes and for me everything has it's place and the floor is not it! So I guess I'm a mean mom but she will get over it and grow up fine.

Later on in the week we were doing stuff at the house and Alyssa proceeded to take this floor lamp that she likes to hit the wall with and throw it on the floor. It broke! Cory and I both heard this loud crash and a few seconds later she started crying. She wasn't hurt at all just startled but what a mess it left us with. This is something that she always gets in trouble with and knows this is not OK to do, or at least should be now. Off to the store I went to see if I could find a shade that would work.

Another little incident that happened was she broke me cell phone. I was out to breakfast that morning with some friends and was letting her play with it. They were saying how they couldn't believe how I would let her do that. I laughed and said "oh well....I have insurance on it." Later that day I had put a large glass of water on the table where my cell phone was. I had got up to go do something and than got busy cleaning and forgot all about it. I heard a strange sound followed by some crying. I went into see what happened and saw she was standing in a puddle of water and her feet wet. She wasn't happy about it. Well I wasn't happy about the phone, couches, and floor being all wet! I was praying the phone would still work, but no it was all jacked up! I knew I had insurance on it so I wasn't all to worried just annoyed I had to deal with it. What an ordeal it turned into. That insurance really isn't all it's cracked up to be I think.

Hopefully the rest of the week turns out to be uneventful!

0 Comments: