Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The last week

This last week has been hard for Alyssa. She has two ear infections. We had gone down to Longview last weekend for a golf tournament Cory was in, they took 3rd place, and Alyssa had got sick. At first I thought she was just teething because she had a runny nose, and that's what happens with her every time. Saturday night she woke up and had a horrible sounding cough and threw up. Yes, I'm officially mom now that I have been thrown up on and it wasn't spit up! I thought she might have croup because of the sound of the cough, so my mom and I ran a hot shower and sat in the bathroom with her. We did that a couple times that night with none of us getting much sleep. The next day she sounded better but could tell she still wasn't well. We headed home and she slept the whole way home and pretty much the rest of the day.
I ended up taking her to the doctor on Monday and found out she has two ear infections. Cory and I had just been talking about how lucky we have been with her health. We jinxed us! I felt horrible for her and wished I could do something to make it go away, now! She is on antibiotics and the doctor wants to see her in two weeks. She has been pretty much sleeping the whole day but feeling like crap I don't blame her.
As for us, we have been busy. I have started golf lessons and love them and I'm actually playing for the first time on Monday. I'm scared to death!!!! Oh well, at least I will look good. Cory and I went out and I got some golf clothes. I'm alright with being a poser at this time. In a week we are heading back down to the Oregon Coast to ride the quads. I can't wait!!! Cory will be on vacation and doesn't go back to work until after the 4th of July.
Other than that, that's about all that is going on with us........

0 Comments: