Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day Weekend and Golf

On Father's Day weekend Alyssa and I were supposed to go to Longview but since she got sick we stayed around the house. Cory was gone working Mariner's all weekend and didn't get home until Sunday evening. I made him his favorite dinner and he received his present, golf shirts. He was exhausted from the long work week he had. We will be going down to Longview on Sunday so we will be able to see our dad's so all is not lost.

Monday I went out and played my first round of golf. I was so nervous at first. By the third hole I had relaxed and was having a great time. I have been taking lessons and love them, my instructor is very cool and has helped me out a lot. I told him that I was playing at the last lesson I took and he asked me if I had practiced putting or anything. I said "no" and he laughed and just told me good luck but it was a good course to learn on that we were gonna play. I think Cory was even impressed when I came home and showed him what I had learned, he joked and said my swing was better than his! Anyways back to the game. My score wasn't the best but whose is on their first time right!? Cory and I went out and I got some clothes and shoes since my game wasn't gonna be pretty I might as well be. Such a poser I am but hopefully that will soon change. I did have some great shots and others not so great but again I am learning and having a blast! I never thought I would have enjoyed it this much but I'm so excited that Cory and I now can do it together and at places all over! We are going back out this next week to play again and I can't wait. I'm addicted!!! I think I started out with the right attitude with it as well....it's just fun and not to get frustrated. I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my sand wedge! I never thought I would say that.
Alyssa is doing better from her ear infections. We had a little set back with it, not a major one but she broke out in a rash from it. She looked horrible. It was literally all over her body! I took her in and they figure she is allergic to sulfur based med's. Poor girl. The doctor told me to stop giving it to her and it should clear up and if not to give her benedryl but only if it didn't clear up. It's now mostly gone, thank goodness and her ears are doing good as well. She is headed down to L0ngview on Sunday with us and is going to stay the week with back and forth between grandparent's. and will be brought back up on the 4th. I'm sure she will have a wonderful time!

Cory and I are going back down to Sand Lakes to ride the quads and than home to play golf and enjoy our alone time! I can't wait. Although I will miss little one I really need a vacation. Hopefully that doesn't sound too bad!

0 Comments: