Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tot Spot or not

Today Alyssa and I went to check out this coffee shop that I found the web site for in Woodinville. It's called Tot Spot Cafe. The concept of it is what attracted me and disappointed me all at the same time, only because I had somewhat of the same vision of doing a business of the same. The cafe is a place for children to play while moms have coffee/drink and/or something to snack on. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. When I first walked in it seemed very chaotic and I thought I would hate it because I hate chaos. Knowing that's what you get with children and lots of them I just took a deep breathe and continued in. I ordered my coffee and the clerk had me sign in and told me to have fun.
So picture a square and in the middle of that square is another one full of toys for all different ages along with some couches. Around the outside of the square are more tables, chairs, sofas and more toys. Adults are welcome to leave children inside the square and play while they are enjoying their coffee, book, or whatever.
Alyssa started playing right away and it was fun to watch. Her thing right now is climbing. She loved climbing on all the mats and climbers that they had. She also loved playing with this big school bus that had all kinds of little things on it to play with. She was so happy playing, although she did get on owie. She was pulling herself up and slipped and bit her lip and it bled a little bit but it didn't slow her down. After I wiped her off and gave her a kiss she was gone. My tough girl!
I think it will be a place we go back to, how often though I don't know. You pay by the hour and the prices are good. They do serve snacks for both adults and children. Maybe another rainy day we will go back.

0 Comments: