Monday, April 6, 2009

Is spring here?

It sure felt like spring has arrived! This last weekend was beautiful and we took full advantage of it. On Saturday we spent all day playing outside and working in the yard. It was much needed and now we are ready to get some flowers planted and get some color going. Hopefully we don't have anymore of the dreaded "s" word though until winter!

Sunday Cory and his dad headed up to Vancouver to watch hockey. It was his birthday and Christmas present from us. I was jealous I didn't get to go, but oh well next time. Alyssa and I had a great day. We headed down to Nicole's place in West Seattle and took the water taxi over into downtown and walked around the Pike Place Market. It was perfect! I should have got some fresh produce and flowers but decided to go for selfish purchases. It was the opening day for the water taxi so it was free, always a bonus, and they had music, food, and balloons to help with the kick off. At the market there was a BBQ contest going on, with a ton of vendors set up. It sure smelt good, too bad I don't like BBQ. Well I shouldn't say I don't like it but it's definitely not my first choice. Nicole got some wonderful mango's and we went to the Rocky Mountain Candy Store. I think that is the name of it. We got our caramel apples!!! Ohh....they were soooo good!!!! I got the Hawaiian one, it had caramel, white chocolate, macadamia nuts and coconut. YUMMY!!! She got an apple pie one that was also delicious, it tasted like biting right into an apple pie! If you haven't ever been there, even if you don't like caramel apples, this is a great place to check out!

On Monday we spent another day soaking up the wonderful sunshine. We all played in the backyard, Harley included. He loves the nice weather but wants you to be out there with him. He is so funny! I was sure to put on a lot of sunscreen on Alyssa, I'm so scared of getting her fair skin burned. She got that from me....poor kid. I on the other hand didn't put any on myself and got a little color on my pasty white skin.

On Tuesday Alyssa and I went to our MOSS (mother of south snohomish) meeting. It will be fun to get to know some of the woman and get Alyssa into a play group. It's nice to because they have activities planned throughout the month that will be fun to get her involved in. When we got home she was playing in her room and wanted out. I went and undid the gate and she walked to me! Yes, I said it SHE WALKED!!!! She took about five wobbly steps. Then we went downstairs and she was doing it some more! Oh how I love that little one!

0 Comments: