Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Sassy Girl


Alyssa is developing quite the little attitude. She continues to blabber at me when I try to redirect her and than continues on doing whatever it is she is doing. When her daddy tells her she will smile at him and move on. What's up with this!? It's the most annoying thing ever!!! She is starting to point at things that she wants. She seems to always want my coffee cup. Hmm....maybe that's because Cory started to drink coffee at such a young age or at least tried it. Her latest word that she is saying a lot more is "Hi" and starting to wave when saying it. She is loving being chased and playing peekaboo.

She hasn't started walking yet but is walking around with all of her toys. She loves pushing her little table, that's in the picture above, and will get frustrated when it doesn't move quickly enough. It's not supposed to be used for that. She does a real good job at walking holding my hand and everything but just gets scared when standing on her own and faced with it. Oh well no hurry she will do it soon enough.
I am getting her into a play group soon, so hopefully she will be able to play with more kids her age more often. I think since she is not in day care it's important for her to be around children her age and older/younger so she can develop social skills and have some fun. I was thinking the other day about getting her into preschool and how I can't wait for that. I have sooo many good memories of when I went.

She rode her quad by herself the other day for the first time. Well I can't say the first time because she would always push backwards but it was the first time she went forwards. It's pretty cute she can't get on or off really by herself but when she attempts to get off she has the right moves. She swings her lef around but than gets stuck but if you hold her hand she will do it all by herself. I can't wait until she is old enough to have her own and we can all go to the dunes or Straddeline and camp and ride. That will be a fun vacation for the family. Hopefully she is interested in doing so. Or maybe it will be one of those things that her awful parents will "make" her do.

Her Grandma Gail came and spent a few days to hang out with us, well it was basically to see Alyssa and we were just a bonus. We didn't really do anything to exciting but hang out. Grandma needed to get some alone time with her little girl. I think they both had a great time.

I also want to say that when we signed Alyssa up for the GET program and we had to list people who could contribute I wasn't aware that they were going to send them info. about contributing. So I'm sorry! I don't want you to think we are asking you to do this or whatever. I have been a little embarrassed about this. We have a busy next couple of weekends. Cory and his dad are heading to Vancouver for hockey, Easter, a bday party...someones turning 1, and our getaway to the Dunes.

0 Comments: