Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy, busy, busy week



This last week we have been so incredibly busy. Almost every day we have had some sort of activity planned or something. Last week was the Mariner's Opening Day and Nicole and I attended and it was a blast! I didn't get my garlic fries like I wanted to but that was alright. We did get a picture taken with the Moose though and that was worth it right there. They ended up winning and it was a great welcome home for THE KID. Although he's not quite the "kid" anymore considering he is, if not the oldest one on the team now....but that's alright by me! G. Grammy watched Alyssa and they had a great time like they always do.
Later in the week we met up with my good friend Michelle and her newborn son Cole. We went to IKEA and did a little shopping, had lunch, and did more shopping at Southcenter. It was great to see her and catch up.
On the weekend we went to a birthday party. My friend Mandy's son, Owen, was turning one. It was a great party and fun to see him again and how much he has grown. They grow so darn fast! Mandy did a fantastic job, like I'm sure she always does! She had wonderful food and the decorations were adorable. I still want that recipe for those yummy cookies!!!!!! The kids seemed to have a good time. I was kind of worried how Alyssa would do in a room of strangers, but after fifteen to twenty minutes she was gone and tearing through the house.
Monday we headed to Gymboree for open play with our MOSS group. That was a blast. It's so nice that I joined this because I only have to pay $5 for the open play rather than the $79 a month. Alyssa was a lot more brave than the first time I took her there. She was climbing all over the toys and going on the bigger ones. She loved the tunnels and the balls. I can't wait to do this next week again. We're going to a similar one in Shoreline.
Tuesday we met with our playgroup at a park here in Everett. It's a great park right on the water at Silver Lake. Alyssa seemed to do very well on the equipment and she loved the swings, of course. It will be fun to take her to the park throughout the summer. Hopefully we continue to have this great weather.
Cory has been busy working Mariners and has been gone a lot : ( I guess there is a silver lining, next week we are finally getting away for our anniversary and heading down to the dune in Oregon for a few days!

0 Comments: