Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Anniversary

It's still four days away, but we will be out of town celebrating, our four year anniversary! When I think about it all it's truly amazing. Let me give you all a little background and bare with me all of you who already know!


Cory and I have known each other for about twenty years! We met at Cascade Middle School when we were in the sixth grade. A friend had been talking to me about these "twins" and she had a crush on one of them. I had no idea who these boys where so she had me come to her locker because Tyson's, Cory's brother, was by hers and that's who she had a crush on. So we were standing there and both of them were at the locker. I don't recall seeing Tyson at all, I just remember asking her who the one in the green jacket was. I still remember what he was wearing when I first saw him, a pair of jeans and his green Miami Hurricanes Starter jacket. I am not sure what it was about him maybe because he was one of the few who were as tall as me or taller at that point. I was 6'0 already but I did know from then on I was smitten.

We "dated" or whatever you do at that point in your life. In the 8th grade we kissed. He was my first although I was not his! He says his was a friend of mine. We went onto high school and went to dances together. That picture is us at one of the dances, I think it was our sophomore year. We had a lot of mutual friends so we would see each other from time to time. We dated other people and went off to different colleges.

We reconnected in the summer of 2000 and have been together ever since. It's crazy, we have been together for nine years and married know for the last four. I can't believe how time flies! If you would have told us back then what we know now, we would have told you, you were crazy! It's been a blast and I look forward to the next twenty plus years! So we are headed down the Oregon coast to go to the dunes and ride the quads. We are both looking forward to it. Our parents are both watching Alyssa so it's complete freedom! The weather is supposed to be good, but the real thing I'm looking forward to besides spending alone time is the possibility of sleeping in! I of course well let everyone know how it was and will post some pictures when we get back!

2 Comments:

Mandy said...

Great post, Paula! I really enjoyed reading it. Time sure does fly doesn't it? Happy Anniversary, and I hope you have a great time at the dunes!

The Simmons said...

Thanks Mandy! I had soo many stories that I could have told it's crazy. Thank you so much! We need to try and plan a day and get our two men together and us and do something!