Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's been awhile.


It's been awhile since I have posted anything and I thought that I would get everyone all caught up.

Alyssa has been changing on a daily basis, the synapses are connecting. She is making more and more animal sounds. She tries to gobble like a turkey and does her version of a cow. She is playing with everything except HER toys. She grabs Harley's toys when he is playing with them and I do make her give them back to him because I don't want to start that war! Her molar teeth have been coming in. She got three teeth in less than a week and more are coming in. She was a champ through it all. A little crabby but not too bad. We found a food that she doesn't like to eat, asparagus. She put it in her mouth and immediately spit it right out. That's going to be a tough one because we eat a ton it it. Oh well. She is crawling and pulling herself up onto everything. She has started to try and take steps but scares herself and gets into the crawling position.

For Valentines day the family headed to Cannon Beach and rented a cabin with some friends. It was a great time. The weather was beautiful and it was the R&R that everyone needed. I was just sad to leave. The place we stayed at was beautiful and is for sale. I wished that we could afford the place I would take it in a heart beat! Valentines day was great. The guys went golfing and us ladies went shopping. We came back and the guys made a fabulous surf and turf dinner for us. Our last night there Cory, Alyssa and I went for a walk on the beach at sunset and it was beautiful. The weather was perfect! I could have stayed out there all night. Next time we will build a fire down there, we weren't prepared this time.


We have a busy week ahead of us. Alyssa's birthday is on Friday with family all arriving and her party on Saturday. My sister Lisa is coming up and I can't wait to see her and spend time with her on Thursday and Saturday. Sunday we have a birthday brunch to celebrate G. Grammy's 89th b-day and George's 95th b-day at Palisades. Alyssa has her one year check up on Monday and she also has her first job. My good friend needed a baby model for work and called to see about possibly using Alyssa. Of course my answer was YES!!! There are no guarantee's that she will actually be used but she does get to go in and get the pictures taken and get paid for it! So we will see.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures of the beach! I hope to get down to Oregon again sometime soon. The baby model thing sounds like fun!