Friday, February 20, 2009

Birthday....

Again one year ago from this very moment I remember I was laying in the hospital bed completely exhausted and visiting with a friend of ours and holding our beautiful miracle. Now let me go back 16hrs or so ago.
Cory and I woke up that morning and showered got ready as if we were going to work, breakfast, almost anywhere. We I think were making kind of small chat in the car and once we made it onto I-5 I remember looking at him and asking him if he was ready. He had said something to the effect that he wasn't going to be ready until she was actually hear. We continued to drive to the hospital chatting and making a few phone calls to see where people were and so on.

We got to the hospital, checked in and the fun began! I'm crazy and this kind of stuff was kind of exciting to me. I think mainly though because it was a good experience and I wasn't actually in labor yet. The nurses did all their stuff, paper work, questions, IV etc. They broke my water and I wasn't sure what to expect and after they did it I thought oh that wasn't gross or weird. A few minutes later I felt a large rush of fluid...Yuck! Than the contractions came. I told them I was going to hold out as long as possible, this was at 8-8:30. Around 10 or so I told them I had enough! That's when my best friend came in and gave me an epidural! That to my knowledge is the best thing that's ever been created besides my daughter, husband, friends well OK you know what I mean.

Everything went pretty smooth for the next few hours. I was having contractions, dilating and at 5:30pm the doctor was called in and was having me push. She was putting on gloves and I had a pretty big contraction and Alyssa literally popped out. The doctor hurried up to grab her and it was over. It was so fast and an amazing moment! There were more details, but I don't want to bore people again with the info! So at 5:45pm our daughter Alyssa Renee came into this world!

At exactly that same time tonight her and I shared a moment of our own and I gave her a kiss and hug and told her I loved her. She smiled up at me.

0 Comments: