Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday weekend

It was finally here, Alyssa's first birthday! Boy the year had flown by. Cory and I had got Alyssa a little hot pink Kawasaki Quad for her birthday along with a few outfits and another little toy. She loves it. It makes all kinds of noises. We had got one for her cousin last year.

Cory and I had debated for awhile what to do for her birthday or I should say what kind of party. We ended up having a quite dinner on her actual birthday, Friday, with just the Grandparents and her aunt and uncle and cousin here at the house. It turned out very well I think. The kids had fun playing together, I made G. Grammy's special spaghetti, and we had dessert and opened presents. I made Red Velvet cupcakes that I had been craving, which boggles my brain because I have never had them before. It was also kind of a last minute thing. I hadn't thought about doing dessert but than thought it was her actual birthday and she had to have something!! So anyhow that's what she got and I think she enjoyed them a long with everyone else. My friend from the south gave me the recipe that she swears by. Thank you Stacey!!! Everyone was so generous to Alyssa, she received the best gifts, but most of all it was wonderful that the family was all here for her.

On Saturday we had her big birthday party. We invited a lot of family and good friends. I didn't really have a theme but it was kind of princess with pink/brown. I think it turned out wonderful! I had got personalized m&m's with her face on them that everyone enjoyed. The weather was PERFECT! Our house isn't the biggest so I was somewhat nervous about having so many people in the house at once. The sun was actually out and for some of the time was actually warm. The kids got to play outside, running some of their energy off. The only problem was the bakery spelled Alyssa's name wrong on the cake! No one noticed it for awhile until my sister made a comment about she was spelling her name wrong. I was so disappointed but thought oh well. Cory was able to fix it on one of the cakes. He's the best! Other than that everything went well. I was very happy with the cake, I am not a cake fun but this one was the best! I will definitely go back to get another from the bakery. I have to also give a huge THANK YOU! to Amanda for cleaning the kitchen Saturday morning and all your other help as well to my sister Lisa and niece Nicole for their assistance too!

Sunday was G. Grammy's actual birthday and we went to Palisades to celebrate her birthday and G. Uncle George's b-day which was at the beginning of February. It was fabulous. This weekend I realized how much Alyssa really loves her G. Grammy. It was the cutest thing. If Grammy would get up Alyssa would follow and Grammy was pretty much the only one she would go to and not be upset with and was content just sitting on her lap. Those two have a special bond.

I will post more photos from the party later. There are so many that I love and to choose from it's hard to narrow it down! I want to thank everyone who was there for making her special day one that Cory and I will never forget!

0 Comments: