Friday, February 27, 2009

Big changes after a year


Well things are finally winding down after a busy month. Hopefully March isn't as busy. Alyssa had her one year check up on Monday, she is at 24.8lbs (95th % ), HC 47 (95th %) and 29 inches for length (50%). She received three more shots which these ones she didn't like at all! The nurse said they were going to sting pretty bad and Alyssa let out some big yelps. She was done with it in a few seconds and just stuck her lower lip out.

Cory and I have started her GET account. It's hard for me to believe that we are already starting her college fund!! We had a hard time trying to decide on the options. I think we did the right thing and the most important thing is we got locked in and it's for a good cause. I highly recommend doing this for anyone who has children and who can afford to.

Alyssa had her modeling job and she did a good job. It was interesting seeing how it would all work and seeing the pictures after. I don't know if I went to much into it, but I did it for a favor for my good friend. She works for a company that sells party supplies and costumes. She was working on the catalog and needed a girl baby model. Some of her pictures are going to be used in the catalog along with one of her birthday pictures so I will be sure to let you all know when it is out. They have an on-line site to which I'm sure they will be used there as well. After Alyssa receives her check from them we are going to go and open up a savings account for her and when she is old enough will be able to spend that money on whatever she sees fit.

A funny little story that happened a few days ago. I was going out with some friends for dinner and before I left was at the lap top and had left a soda next to it. Alyssa was a sleep when I left and I didn't think anything of it. When I was coming home I checked my phone and noticed Cory had called several times. I immediately called him back and he informed me how lucky I was. He told me that he heard what sounded like rain hitting the coffee table and he came into the living room and saw Alyssa pouring the pop out onto the table! Luckily Cory had moved the lap top into the other room because he was uploading music, but the camera and our wedding pictures were there. There was no damage to either one of them thankfully! Another disaster diverted!

Cory and I are going to the Brad Paisley concert tomorrow. I am so excited for this. He puts on such a great show. Hopefully he is feeling better. Him and Alyssa both have colds, knock on wood that it stays clear away from me! Today I am going to be disinfecting the house!

A big congratulations to my nephew and his wife on the arrival of their second son Robert! I love you guys and can't wait to see you! Hugs and kisses!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

So has March been better so far? April will be our busy month and I'm kind of dreading it! I'm really excited to see how the modeling pictures turn out.