Monday, October 21, 2013

School

This year was a big year for the kids.  Alyssa entered Kindergarten and Knox his first year of preschool.  I was looking forward to getting some alone time finally but to no avail....next year!

Alyssa is in morning Kindergarten and couldn't be more excited about school.  Of course her favorite things are riding the bus, snack, recess, her friends she has made, music, and PE.  She does tell me she loves reading and writing as well.  The one thing she says about not liking school is because it makes her too tired to play sometime. 

She is starting to be able to read some and spell.  Such an exciting time in my opinion.  I am really happy with her teacher so far.  She is exactly what you would want in a kindergarten teacher.  We have her conference coming up next week and I look forward to talking with her and hearing all about how Alyssa is doing.

Knox is loving school too and it's fun to see him have something for himself and make his own friends.  I put him in a different school than I was originally because at the time I thought Alyssa was going to be in afternoon Kindergarten.  Of course once I switched she was in morning.  Oh well this way I have one on one time with each.

Anyways, his school is amazing.  It's in an old house and they have roosters/chickens, a kitchen to do cooking, a huge playground, a nice reading corner in the sun room, and the teachers are amazing!  He goes 3 days a week for 3 1/2 hours and is in the 3-5 class.  I was worried about at first but is really perfect for him.  I don't know how to explain it but he is just one of those kids you think he is so much older than he is.  It's not just me saying that a lot of people do his teacher even made the comment about it on the field trip.


I tried to get a picture of him at school but he was not having any of it.  So this family picture is Knox first day of school. 

He is doing really well.  He is working on learning the alphabet, he can count to 20 and he recognizes the numbers.  The letters he does know he knows most of their sounds for them.  His favorite book he is "reading." Of course it's very basic but it's very cute.

  Both kids are still in soccer and loving it.  They both do very well and will be doing that through at least the end of December.  Alyssa is continuing in dance but is now in a jazz/acro class which she loves.  They are gearing up for Halloween and can not wait!  They have two parties to go to this year in addition to Trick or Treating.  Halloween should be a lot of fun this year. 

0 Comments: