Monday, January 21, 2013

Back To Reality....And More!

Alright it's almost the end of the January and I am trying to get all caught up on here! Nothing too crazy has been going on normal everyday stuff. Alyssa is back at school after vacation and all the activities have started back up.

The kids went down to Longview for a weekend and had a great time. Alyssa was a little concerned about only going for such a short time and that next time it needs to be at least five days. She is a riot!

Knox has started gymnastics at our gym once a week. He is liking that and the teacher is amazing and he knows her from the gym. There are also some of his friends in the class as well. I think the highlight for him is not the class itself but running over to the side and watching the guys play basketball in the other half of the gym. It cracks me up!
He is doing amazing potty training and has been staying dry at night but I just can't bring myself to not put a pull up on him because if he did have an accident he would wake up. Since my kids have always been good sleepers pretty much since birth I'm not ready to get woke up in the middle of the night!

In the next month I plan on getting him signed up for swim and possibly soccer or t-ball in the spring. This child has a lot of energy to burn off and since he hasn't napped for the last year and a half I need something else for him to do to burn some of that off!

Next weekend kicks off what I call Birthday Season. We will have at least one birthday party to go to until the end of March and one weekend we have two! I will also be getting Alyssa signed up for Kindergarten. She is so stinking excited about this. She will tell me everyday after school how much she loves school and to learn. Hopefully this will never change!
l have to say 2013 is going to be a busy and exciting year for The Simmons Family with the kids growing up and starting new adventures, Cory and work, and Me.

0 Comments: