Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Empire State Building ~ Our Last Day


Today was our last day in the Big Apple as much as I missed the kids and Cory I was going to be sad to say goodbye but my bank account was thanking me. We got up packed our stuff up and headed on out to the Empire State Building which was our last stop that we had pre purchased tickets for.

After taking the ten minute or so cab ride there we went over and got a coffee before starting our last journey. I got us Express Tickets along with the "normal" tickets and wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the money. Well it was definitely worth it and I highly recommend it. We didn't have to wait in any lines at all even for the elevators.

Being treated like royalty and bypassing everyone waiting, there wasn't too many people at this point because we got there when they pretty early, but we were ushered on up and after a few elevator rides were on the 86th floor. I wasn't sure how I was going to do. I'm not afraid of heights but in situations like that I always think earthquake, plane, wind, etc. will be bringing this building down. I know horrible but I do.

Anyways, it was a beautiful morning and once up there and out it was amazing views. Out on the observation deck it was fine except one side was pretty windy and there were a lot of people up there in a pretty small space. We checked it out for awhile before heading on up to the next check point, the 102nd floor. The views were all great and we got some wonderful pictures. Of course on the way out we had to go through the gift store. Not by choice but we did make a couple of purchases.

We got a cab back to the hotel and had brunch before getting our shuttle to the airport. It was a long trip back but I would do it over and over again.
Overall I wouldn't change anything about the trip and got stuff out of the way that I don't need to do again or will definitely do more of. I really want to take Alyssa when she is older. A special thanks for everyone who made this possible and for Gail. Thank you!!!

I'm already trying to come up with ideas as to where my next girl trip will be. I have several thoughts but nothing is jumping out at me at this point. I am thinking I want something a little adventurous or a health resort but we shall see!

0 Comments: